About Syrinx Communications InternationalSyrinx Communications works in partnership with corporate clients to design, implement and manage self-healing networks based on leased line or mobile infrastructure - customised to support our clients' current and future business goals and objectives. Our technical team has an intimate understanding of SA's telecommunications infrastructure, which places us in an enviable position to best advise customers on robust network design. Organisations with mission-critical networks operate with maximum uptime, and at the same time Syrinx ensures that exceptional management and maximum efficiency is maintained. We pride ourselves on being a service-oriented organisation - driven by client services demands, and not by any specific technology. We offer powerful turnkey networking solutions at cost-efficient monthly rentals - effective way of protecting our customers from significant upfront capital investment and the risk of technology obsolescence. Syrinx Communications International (Pty) Ltd, Reg No: 1995/006635/07. Individual Electronic Communications Service License No: 0447/IECS/NOV/09. Individual Electronic Communications Network License No: 0447/IECNS/NOV/09. We are currently BEE Level 7 (download certificate).
Full Focus on Core BusinessSyrinx Communications chooses to partner with clients rather than outsource. We realise that nobody understands your business like you do, and we understand how valuable your IT resources are to your business. Our objective is to empower you with networking tools and 24 hour WAN support, freeing you to focus on your core business where you can deliver maximum value to your organisation.
Cost Effective SolutionsOur innovative network design philosophy ensures the resulting solution is sustainable and cost effective while delivering optimum performance and reliability.
Total WAN peace of mind with a single point of responsibilityHaving built and maintained multiple operator & carrier networks both in SA & Africa, the Syrinx Communications team offers proven and extensive telecommunications expertise with innovative problem solving skills. Our combined experience and knowledge of the telecommunications environment positions us to best advise, provision, maintain and manage your WAN.
Freedom from regulatory concernsSyrinx Communications is regulatory conscious. ICASA regulations and policies are strictly adhered to in all provided services.
Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL)
Syrinx provides an unlimited ADSL Internet service. This means that you pay for what you use without any limits. Syrinx provides both unlimited shaped and unlimited unshaped ADSL services with no contract period. A Syrinx ADSL user can view usage statistics - merely login with the supplied username & password.
Satellite Services (VSAT)
Syrinx provides both Ka and Ku Band VSAT services. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Mobile VPN Services (APN)
The APN service can either function with standard contract SIMs or via a cheaper data bundle deployed across multiple SIMs. The SIM or multiple SIMs all use and share the bundle data as part of the APN. The benefits though are more than just cost related:
- Security: As no two SIMs are the same, only allowed SIMs can connect to the APN.
- Networking: Each SIM receives an IP address that is part of the corporate network - it immediately has access to allowed corporate network services and applications (e.g. Email & Fileservers).
- Roaming: A travelling user remains part of the corporate network even when out of South Africa (with the provision that operator roaming agreements & similar data services exist at the foreign destination).
- Management: Usage of SIMs can be individually monitored and controlled at an additional charge.
- Prevention of Abuse: A data only SIM cannot be used to make phone-calls or send an SMS.
- Policy Enforcement: The user is authenticated on the corporate's network domains and access to the Internet and other services are enforced as-if the user is connected within the office.
- Lesser Degrees of Contention: An APN user connects to a corporate site without the need for tunnelling across shared Internet pathways. However, contention on the base station with others remains the same.
- Lower bandwidth Usage: As secure tunnels are not required, data packet overheads are considerably reduced and the user typically enjoys faster response times.
- Flexible Addressing: Either static or Dynamic IP addressing can be selected.
- Usage Charges: Charges are not determined by the amount of time "on-line" but rather on the chosen data bundle.
As a business grows, it might expand to multiple sites across the country and around the world. The people working in those locations need a fast, secure and reliable way to share information across multiple networks. One popular technology to accomplish these goals is a VPN (virtual private network). A VPN is a network that uses a public telecommunication infrastructure, such as the Internet, to provide remote sites or individual users with secure access to their company network. Expensive leased line networks that can only be used by one company are being replaced by VPNs which provide the same capabilities, but at a much lower cost. To take advantage of this, most businesses have replaced leased lines with new technologies that use Internet connections without sacrificing performance and security. Syrinx provides and proactively manages VPNs using the following access technologies: ADSL, Mobile Broadband, VSAT and Optical Fibre.
At Syrinx Communications we engage with our customers to understand their business needs and ensure that their internet experience consistently satisfies their requirements:
- Syrinx Platinum: guarantees 100% of the bandwidth purchased to the International Internet Network.
- Syrinx Gold: allows 100% International bandwidth while guaranteeing a minimum of 25%.
- Syrinx Silver: provides a shared service on a ratio of 1:4 on the International portion.
- Syrinx Bronze: allocates 100% of the bandwidth purchased to the National Internet Network.
Physical Address Building 1, Pinewood Office Park, 33 Riley Road, Woodmead 2191 Postal Address PO Box 0600, Sunninghill, 2157 Telephone +27(0)11 785 4500 Fax +27(0)11 234 5085 Email firstname.lastname@example.org GPS Co-ordinates S25 59.659 E28 03.927